I’m always trying to understand how to make money online and I’m always looking for new ideas because my goal is to work exclusively from home and have time to spend with my family.My #goal is to work exclusively from home. Click To Tweet
I started working from home when I was only 16 years old. An advert online caught my attention and a couple of weeks later I was selling milkshakes to my family. I didn’t make much money at the time but that was a very important experience to me because I realised there are people making a lot of money working from home. It was the trigger that made me start looking for options.
Over the last 12 years I’ve tried different things. Some worked out pretty well, others not so much. Now I want to share my experiences with you.
Do you want to know how to make money online even if you’re not an expert in any specific field?
You don’t really need to be a master to try the following methods. All you need is a bit of time and some motivation to get started. I don’t usually advice anything that will cost you money because if you’re just starting out what you really want is to make money, not spend it.
Below is a list of ideas that I’d recommend if you’re just starting out. Of course that there are many other options but these I’ve tried and I can share with you the experiences that I’ve had with them.
How to make money selling on eBay?
Selling on eBay is super easy and will help you to make quick cash. We all have old stuff that we don’t need anymore lying around the house, but guess what, what’s not good for us, might be a treasure for others.
Why not put your old vacuum for sale when you buy a new one?
What I’m saying is that instead of spending £389 in a new Dyson V8 you could sell your old vacuum on eBay and get £40 or £50 back, reducing the cost of the new one.
TOP TIP – Make an advanced search on eBay and tick “Sold Listings” and “Used”. Enter the keywords describing what you want to sell and you’ll see for how much you could sell your used item.
I did that now using the keyword “vacuum” and I realised that used vacuums are actually worth quite a lot of money.
Below are a few of the results of my research:
I just wanted to show that is a good idea to sell your old vacuum. It’s worth money. Look at how many bids these listings received. There are many people looking to buy used vacuums. In the last few months over 14 thousand used vacuums were sold on eBay.
Note: I used vacuums as an example but you can sell absolutely everything on eBay.
Some of the items that most sell on eBay are:
- Video Games
- Women’s Dresses
- Fine Jewellery
- Construction Toys & Kits
- Cycling Related Items
- Antique Furniture
How to make money selling on Fiverr?
This is another great way to make money online even if you think that you don’t have any skills.
Join Fiverr and you’ll understand that even silly gigs are sold on Fiverr. Yesterday I was trying to explain to my partner what is Fiverr and I decided to visit the website, so that she could see for herself what kind of gigs people sell. I found this guy offering to make a video singing happy birthday in a tong. Really silly but also funny. He sold this gig over 600 times, which means that he made at least $3000 singing happy birthday in a tong.
All gigs on Fiverr are sold for at least $5 but you can specify for how much you want to sell your gig.
Below is a print screen of some gigs available so you can see it for yourself:
Easy gigs for newbies:
- Be a human billboard.
- Find new slogans and company names.
- Write reviews.
- Create video testimonials.
- Be a sign holder.
- Do voice over.
- Be a virtual assistant.
- Social media promoter.
- Sing a song.
Yeah, making money on Fiverr can be really easy. All you need is to get started.
How to make money Blogging?
If you’d ask me how to make money online and generate passive income I’d tell you to start blogging, definitely.
There are so many advantages for creating a blog that I’d need a full post just to list them all.
If you are just trying to start working from home and you need money fast, blogging might not be what you’re looking for now because usually it takes time for a blog to start generate a good income. However, blogging generates passive income which is the most powerful income that you can have and the best way to go.
- Choose a niche for your blog. I recommend that you choose a topic that you’re familiar with and you’re passionate about it.
- Find a really cool and unique name for your blog. You can use Panabee to help you find the perfect name for your blog. If people visit your blog and they like what they see, they’ll probably recommend your blog to their friends, therefore it’s important that you choose a name that’s easy to memorise.
- Create your blog using Bluehost. I use them myself for all my WordPress websites because it’s a reliable hosting company and they’re not expensive. [Full Disclosure: I’m a compensated adviser and an affiliate for Bluehost.]
- Focus on creating good quality content. Write for your readers, not for yourself. People will only share your blog if you give them something that will make them smarter or happier. Before you publish a blog post ask yourself if your readers will learn something from what you wrote, if not, add more value to your article and when your satisfied publish it.
- Grow a mailing list using MailChimp. It’s a great starter because is free if you have under 2000 subscribers. A mailing list can be a very powerful, you just need to learn how to use it properly.
- Create your own product to sell to your subscribers. This could be an ebook, a training video or even a tutorial – totally up to you. Once you have your product, sell it to your readers. The people who subscribed to your mailing list is already expecting that at some point you’ll try to sell them something, so use that to your benefit.
- Keep adding good content to your blog and creating new products. Your blog will become more popular and your chances to make money will increase.
- Join affiliate programs. When a reader of your blog clicks on one of your affiliate links and buys something, you’ll receive a commission for that sale. Some bloggers make a full-time income with affiliate links.
Hopefully you’ve learned something with this article. If you already make money online, share your tips on the comments below so that we can learn with each other.